About Cosmic Spin
Cosmic Spin is the magical musical blend of Bara Waters & Robert Cassard ~
"Creative, tight arrangements, great harmonies, guitar and layers of a little extra pre-recorded magic...fresh and unexpected takes on some real classics!" — Camden Hicks
Bara and Robert have been musicians since childhood, cutting their musical teeth on classical instruments, guitars and vocals. Cassard had a brush with fame at 19 when he released his first solo LP, Over the Line, and performed as an opening act for top artists touring the Midwest.
The pair moved to Los Angeles in the '90s and worked as a songwriting and music production duo, releasing (among others) the critically acclaimed CD from Cassard called 'Get This' (get it on iTunes) on their indie recording label, Pentacle Records.
After moving to Laguna Beach to raise a family, they produced music and videos for corporate and non-profit organizations. In 2006, they returned to performing with their popular Under the Rock concert series, and countless performances throughout Southern California at popular event venues and tourist destinations.
In 2010, they migrated north to the Bay Area and evolved into Cosmic Spin. Their first commercially released EP, Gilding Lilies, will be released on Pentacle Records in August 2019.
"People are so impressed that a duo can put out such a gorgeously full sound. Cosmic Spin creates the perfect atmosphere for everyone to share a wide-ranging musical experience. We get rave reviews whenever they play." — Rosenblum Cellars, Oakland
Bookers: Cosmic Spin travels as a self-contained unit with a full-range sound system perfect for intimate and mid-sized venues. Or they can plug a pre-mixed stereo feed directly into any event sound system.
In current and previous incarnations, here a few of the events and venues they've enlivened
over the years:
- Seawolf Public House - Oakland
- Dashe Cellars - Oakland
- Silo's of Napa
- Rosenblum Cellars - Jack London Square, Oakland
- Oakland City Center - Summer Concert Series
- Oakland Yacht Club
- Harvest Wines - Sonoma
- 1400 Bar & Grill - Alameda
- The O Club - Alameda
- The Karousel - Alameda
- The Montage Resort - Laguna Beach
- The Ranch at Laguna Beach (formerly Aliso Creek Inn)
- Pelican Hill Resort - Newport Beach
- Lumberyard - Laguna Beach
- The Marine Room - Laguna Beach
- Tivoli Terrace & Tivoli Too - Laguna Beach
- Seven Degrees Art Gallery - Laguna Beach
- Sapphire Grill - Laguna Beach
- Coto de Caza Country Club - Orange County
- Forest Avenue Summer Music Series - Laguna Beach
- Art Walk - Laguna Beach
- "Taste of Laguna"
- Orange County Democratic Headquarters
- San Onofre State Beach
- Historic Moss Point Estate
- Bridge Hall Community Center - Laguna Beach
- Numerous Private Events and Parties
Along the way, the band has supported community events and non-profit organizations including:
- The Bay Area Women's Initiative
- Creative Community Education Foundation
- Alameda Community Learning Center
- Community Learning Center Schools
- Alameda Unified School District
- Franklin School
- Obama Inaugural Celebration
- Come Together for Nepal
- Green Valentine's Day
- Earth Day Eco-Fest
- Laguna Beach Art Walk
- Taste of Laguna
- Wine, Salmon & Song
- Pachamama Benefit
- Mustard Seed Ranch
- Laguna Beach SchoolPower
They love making music that brings a cosmic vibe to good folks!