About Cosmic Spin
Cosmic Spin is the magical, musical, hit-making blend of Bara Waters & Robert Cassard
"Creative, tight arrangements, great harmonies, guitar and layers of pre-recorded magic... Fresh and unexpected takes on real classics." — Camden Hicks
Bara and Robert have been musicians since childhood, cutting their musical teeth on classical instruments, guitars and vocals. Cassard had a brush with fame at 19 when he released his first solo LP, Over the Line, and performed as an opening act for top artists touring the Midwest.
The pair moved to Los Angeles in the '90s and worked as a songwriting and music production duo, releasing (among others) the critically acclaimed CD from Cassard called Get This on their independent label, Pentacle Records. (Get This was recently re-released in a remastered and expanded edition.)
After moving to Laguna Beach to raise a family, Bara and Robert produced music videos and videos for corporate and non-profit organizations. They returned to performing with their popular Under the Rock concert series, and their band Soulfolk performed throughout Southern California at popular event venues and tourist destinations.
In 2010, they migrated north to the San Francisco Bay Area and evolved into Cosmic Spin, bringing their crowd-pleasing live show to many Bay Area venues. Their first studio EP, Gilding Lilies, was released on Pentacle Records in August 2019, and their cover of Neil Young's After the Goldrush reached #1 on the Apple iTunes UK Alternative Folk chart.
Since then, Cosmic Spin has released three singles, including an Alt-Country cover of Springsteen's Tougher Than The Rest (2/20), an updated cover of the Zombies' Time of the Season, (7/21), and the original ballad Messenger, which also reached #1 on the iTunes UK Alternative Folk chart.
Cassard also hosts a popular music-themed YouTube channel. His video series and website GuitarDiscoveries.com often feature behind-the-scenes looks at Cosmic Spin's recording and production processes.
"People are so impressed that a duo can put out such a gorgeously full sound. Cosmic Spin creates the perfect atmosphere for everyone to share a wide-ranging musical experience. We get rave reviews when they play here." — Rosenblum Cellars, Oakland
Bookers: Cosmic Spin travels as a self-contained unit with a full-range sound system perfect for intimate and mid-sized venues. Or they can provide a pre-mixed stereo feed directly into any event sound system.
Here are a few of the events and venues Bara and Robert have enlivened over the years:
- Seawolf Public House - Oakland
- Dashe Cellars - Oakland
- Silo's of Napa
- Rosenblum Cellars - Jack London Square, Oakland
- Oakland City Center - Summer Concert Series
- Oakland Yacht Club
- Harvest Wines - Sonoma
- 1400 Bar & Grill - Alameda
- The O Club - Alameda
- The Karousel - Alameda
- The Montage Resort - Laguna Beach
- The Ranch at Laguna Beach (formerly Aliso Creek Inn)
- Pelican Hill Resort - Newport Beach
- Lumberyard - Laguna Beach
- The Marine Room - Laguna Beach
- Tivoli Terrace & Tivoli Too - Laguna Beach
- Seven Degrees Art Gallery - Laguna Beach
- Sapphire Grill - Laguna Beach
- Coto de Caza Country Club - Orange County
- Forest Avenue Summer Music Series - Laguna Beach
- Art Walk - Laguna Beach
- "Taste of Laguna"
- Orange County Democratic Headquarters
- San Onofre State Beach
- Historic Moss Point Estate
- Bridge Hall Community Center - Laguna Beach
- Facebook Live Global Feed
- Numerous Private Events and Parties
Along the way, the band has supported community events and non-profit organizations including:
- The Bay Area Women's Initiative
- Creative Community Education Foundation
- Alameda Community Learning Center
- Community Learning Center Schools
- Alameda Unified School District
- Franklin School
- Obama Inaugural Celebration
- Come Together for Nepal
- Green Valentine's Day
- Earth Day Eco-Fest
- Laguna Beach Art Walk
- Taste of Laguna
- Wine, Salmon & Song
- Pachamama Benefit
- Mustard Seed Ranch
- Laguna Beach SchoolPower
They love making music that brings a cosmic vibe to good folks!